Sunday, June 29, 2014

A few Short Things I learned as Missionary with Anxiety and Depression 

Part I

1. If all you have to give for that day is 10%, then you give 100% of that 10%.

2. The spirit we have inside us is alive and FULL of passion and desire to fulfill our potential and to connect with others. Our mortal bodies come with disabilities and weaknesses that prevent us from fulfilling that perfectly. Sometimes even muffling it out completely. But it is part of our test. It is the resistance for us to strengthen ourselves and really cherish the journey of lessons we must learn in order to achieve that potential and guide us to others. It also doesn't mean that we conquer them, only that we learn to lean on the Lord for what we cannot do because of them.

3. God's love is sometimes tough love. And that is ok. I think its the best kind of love. ( I didn't think that while my hardships were happening, but  now I understand it is a love that instills trust in both parties.)

4. Don't be fake. It wastes time.

5. Trials are treasures in hindsight.

6. The tender mercies of the Lord can sometimes feel like the not-so-tender mercies of the Lord.

7. You were never meant to do anything by yourself. Christ already did so you never have to.

8. It is possible to be home sick for a home you have no physical knowledge of but of a home your spirit once knew.

9. On a mission, your spirit will be at home, but your body will be in a foreign land.

10. It IS worth the fight.

11. A few words of compassion, and/or a listening ear can do miracles.

12. Even if you don't feel like it, smile anyway.

13. Don't forget why you're there. Let it fuel you. If you can't, have someone else remind you.

14. Let people in. It's uncomfortable, but it eases the pain in the end.

One of the first miracles on Fort Jackson I got to be a part of! Changed my life!

Being a missionary on Fort Jackson changed my mission for so much good!
The sister who saw me through it all! Sis. Romney

On my way home from my full time LDS Mission
       

No comments:

Post a Comment